Thursday, April 16, 2009

Why I Dismiss the Tea Party Movement


The reason that I dismiss the Tea Party movement is because the same people that attended the tea parties on April 15 seemingly didn't give a damn about out-of-control government spending or civil liberties prior to January 20, 2009.

There is no doubt that Obama is rushing headlong to fascism through the door that Bush opened (see here the Bush deficit vs. the projected Obama deficit), but the mess that we find ourselves in did not happen overnight, and both factions (R and D) of the Government Party share plenty of blame.

To put the tea parties in perspective, estimates of nationwide tea party turnout are between 550,000 and 1 million people at 858 events. By comparison, Major League Baseball had ~358,000 people in attendance in 14 cities. That is hardly what I would describe as awakening "a sleeping giant."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

Anonymous said...

Approvingly your article helped me very much in my college assignment. Hats off to you dispatch, wish look forward for more interdependent articles in a jiffy as its united of my choice question to read.

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.