Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I'm Embarrassed for Big John



This video was Senator Cornyn's introduction at the TX State Republican Convention. As a Texan, I'm embarrassed. Apparently someone on Cornyn's staff thought that this was a good idea. But can he blame his staff for the fringed buckskin jacket that he is sporting at 2:13 in the video. Unless you are Davey Crockett, this is not a look that any straight man should try to pull off.

I voted for "Big John" in 2002, but I haven't been happy with Cornyn and no longer identify myself with the Republican party. I know how Ronald Reagan felt in 1962 when he switched parties and said, "I didn't leave the Democrat Party. The party left me." I'm still undecided so far in this year's election. I may opt to stay home on election day, or "waste" my vote on the Libertarian candidate. This video definitely does not bolster the likelihood of Cornyn getting my vote.

No comments: