Saturday, June 30, 2007

Thank You Senators Hutchison and Cornyn

I just emailed both of my state's Senators to thank them for their vote earlier this week against amnesty for illegal aliens. I was happy to see that they both put the interests of their constituents ahead of corporate dollars.

I took the liberty to advise them (since they had heeded my earlier advice and voted against amnesty) that another step that needs to be taken is repeal of the 14th amendment to the Constitution that grants citizenship to any person born in the United States. The amendment made sense when it was ratified in 1868 since its intent was to protect the rights of former slaves. The anchor baby policy is now outdated and rewards lawbreaking by offering benefits at taxpayer expense.

I also requested that they work to enforce our current laws to secure the border and prosecute businesses that employ illegal aliens. If there are no jobs, there is no incentive to break the law and enter our country illegally. Also, enforcement of our current laws would lead to self-deportation, or attrition. It seems fairly simple, unless you are Jorge Bush or Ted Kennedy. I assume Kennedy is drunk; what is Bush's excuse?



No comments: